Smriti Shriniwas Mandhana is the full name of Smriti. Smriti is an Indian cricket player who plays for the Indian women’s national team. She works hard every day to play better. In a short span of time, she came into limelight and won many International and National awards
Table Of Contents
Smriti Mandhana Wiki & Biography:
|Real Name||Smriti Shriniwas Mandhana|
|Profession||Indian Women Cricketer (Batsman)|
|Date of Birth||18 July 1996|
|Age (as of 2020)||24 years|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Star Sign/ Zodiac Sign||Cancer|
|Height, Weight & Body Measurements|
|Height in Centimeters||163 cm|
|Height in meters||1.63 m|
|Height in Inches||5’ 4”|
|Weight in Kilograms||55 kg|
|Weight in Pounds||121 lbs|
|International Debut||ODI- 10 April 2013 vs Bangladesh Women in Ahmedabad|
Test- 13 August 2014 vs England Women in Wormsley
T20- 5 April 2013 vs Bangladesh Women in Vadodra
|Domestic/State Team||Brisbane Heat Women|
|Jersey Number||#18 (India)|
|Bowling Style||Right-arm medium-fast|
|Batting Style||Left-hand bat|
|Family and Relatives|
|Father||Shrinivas Mandhana (Former district-levrl Cricketer)|
|Brother||Sharavan Mandhana (Former district-level Cricketer)|
|Affairs, Boyfriends and Marital Status|
A Day in the Life of Smriti Mandhana:
- Smriti Mandhana age is 24 years as of 2021.
- Smriti Mandhana was born in Mumbai on July 18th, 1996.
- Her parents are Shrinivas Mandhana and Smita.
- At the age of 2, her family moved to Madhavnagar, Sangli in Maharashtra and there she completed her schooling.
- Both her father and brother “Shravan” played cricket at the district level for Sangli.
- At the age of nine, she was attracted to cricket by seeing her brother playing at Maharashtra state Under-16s matches. After that, she was selected for the under-15 team of Maharashtra and at the age of 11, she was selected for Maharashtra Under-19 team.
Smriti Mandhana Career
She came into fame in October 2013 after she became the first woman to score a double- century in a one-day match. While playing for Maharastra against the Gujarat team she scored an unbeaten 224 runs off 150 balls in the West Zone Under-19 match in Vadodara at Alembic Cricket Ground.
She played her 1st International test match for India in August 2014 against England at Wormsley Park she scored 22 and 51 in her first and second innings. Later in the year 2016 India’s tour of Australia at the Bellerive Oval in Hobart, Smriti scored her maiden International hundred 102 runs off 109 balls but in the end, lost the game.
She scored in many matches where all other players got out for low scores.
- While playing against Gujarat in October 2013, Mandhana became first Indian women cricketer to achieve a double ton in a One Day game. She had smashed 224 off just 150 balls in the West Zone under-19 tournament.
- With 3 centuries in as many matches and a total of 192 runs in the Women’s Challenger Trophy 2016, she stood as the highest run-scorer of the tournament.
Smriti Mandhana Awards won
- The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) named her as the Best Women’s International Cricketer in the year 2018 June.
- Later in 2018 December, the International Cricket Council (ICC) awarded her with the Rachael Heyhoe-Flint Award for the best cricketer of the year.
- In the same year, she was also named the ODI player of the year by ICC at the same time. Long way to go for this left-handed Indian Women Cricketer.
- School – Local school in Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan
- College – Did Not Attend
- Qualifications – 7th
Smriti Mandhana Physical Appearance
- Height: 5 feet 4 inch
- Weight: 55kg.
- Favourite Cricketer – Sachin Tendulkar, Virat Kohli
- Favourite Color – White, Green
- Hobbies – Travelling, Swimming
Mandhana Scores Century as India Dominate | HIGHLIGHTS | WHITE FERNS v India | 1st ODI, 2019