Table Of Contents
Biography of Da’Vine Joy Randolph
Da’Vine Joy Randolph is an actress and singer from America. She was born on May 21, 1986.
She was well known for her best performance in 2021 for “Chicago Party Aunt,” The Guilty” and “Ultra City Smiths.”
She was nominated for Best Performance at the Tony Awards as the leading actress in the musical.
Her early films include “Mother of George”(2013) and “Office Christmas Party” (2016). She starred in the series “Selfie” (2014) and “People of Earth” (2016–17). She received high praise for her performance as a lady lead in her biopic “Dolemite Is My Name” (2019).
A Romantic Comedy Television Series, “High Fidelity,” was played by her in 2020.
She attended the Yale School of Drama after graduating from Temple. She received her master’s degree from Yale University in 2011. She studied drama at the Interlochen Arts Camp as a teenager.
Randolph was born and raised in Philadelphia. In an interview, she said that her parents were very supportive, although she never saw herself as an actor as a child. She says “she wants to help others and do something for them that would make them feel better.”
The actress had no idea what was going on when it came time to show off her ability and land the agency. She said, “I had this wrong perception of what selling and branding are, And, to be honest with you, I didn’t think my skin tone and hair texture could be sold in the industry.”
Randolph appeared in the famous TV drama “This Is Us.” Still, the situation changed when she was placed with Zoe Kravitz in the Hulu revival “High Fidelity,” which ran for only one season in 2020.
She has changed dramatically over a few years. Randolph came to popularity as Cherise, a record store employee who occasionally irritated her friends with her passionate distaste. And if you’re one of the devoted fans still confused by Hulu’s unexpected cancellation, you’re not alone. “Nobody knows, I believe. I don’t think Zoe is aware of it; we discussed it ” she says.
SHORT INFORMATION –
- Name: Davine joy Randolph (Da’Vine)
- Country: USA
- Nationality: American
- Profession: Actress & Singer
- Age: 35 years old
- Height: 5 feet and 4 inches
- Weight: Around 76 Kg
- Body Measurements: N/A
- Religion: Christian
- Birth Place: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
- Date of Birth: May 21, 1986
- Marital status: Unknown
- Food Diet – Non -Vegetarian
- Zodiac sign – Gemini
- Hobbies -Photography, Learning, and Reading, Surfing Internet.
- Religious – Christian
- Randolph auditioned for an understudy’s role within the Broadway transfer of “Ghost: The Musical,” which was currently playing in London‘s West End. Still, the producers decided to cast her in the principal role of Oda Mae Brown.
- Sharon D. Clark, who played Odamei in the London series “Ghost: The Musical”
- Suffered a minor knee injury before Broadway’s transfer casting was announced. Randolph was quickly called to New York to cover the role in Clarke’s absence. Her debut performance occurred on Friday, December 16, 2011. She continued to share the role with understudy Lisa Davina Phillip until January 2012, when Clarke returned.
Davine joy Randolph has completed her formal and informal education at various schools, colleges, institutions, and universities, including the Yale School of Drama, the Interlochen Center for the Arts, and Temple University. After that, she completed a master’s degree in Arts from Yale University.
School/college: Yale School of Drama, Interlochen Center for the Arts, Yale University, Temple University
NET WORTH –
As of 2022, Davine Joy Randolph’s total net worth is estimated to be roughly around $200,000 to $500,000. The majority of her income comes from Movies and TV shows.
Randolph’s early films include “The Angriest Man in Brooklyn” and the television series “Selfie,” both in 2014. “Office Christmas Party” as well as “People of Earth” (2016–17). She received critical popularity for her performance as Lady Reed in the biographical film “Dolemite Is My Name” (2019). Randolph stars in the romantic comedy series High Fidelity (2020–present).
In 2014 she played Charmonique in ABC’s situation in the comedy series “Selfie,” which premiered on September 30, 2014.
After a preview period in March 2012, the original Broadway production opened on Monday, April 23. In 2012 Randolph played opposite leading roles with Richard Fleeshman and Caissie Levy. Though branded as the “newcomer,” she was nominated for the Tony Award for Best Featured Actress during a Musical.
In 2012, Nominated for The Tony Award for Best Actress in a “Ghost: The Musical”.
SOCIAL MEDIA –
- Instagram– davinejoy
- Twitter – @DaVineJoy
- AAFCA Awards for Best Supporting Actress for work “Dolemite is My Name” – Won.
- Black Reel Awards for Outstanding Supporting Actress.
- Black Reel Awards for Outstanding breakthrough performance
Ans – As her birth date is May 21, 1986, she is 36 years old in 2022.
Ans – The Height of Davine Joy Randolph is 5 feet 4 inches.
Ans – Gemini is her zodiac sign of her which makes her Playful and intellectually curious.
Ans – She was born in Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, a town in Jefferson, New York, United States.
Ans – The Nationality of Davine Randolph is the United States.